Old 14-10-2006, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Keith \(Dorset\)[_1_] Keith \(Dorset\)[_1_] is offline

Default Saving the seeds from a squash?

We inherited a fresh squash from a friend who was given it by a friend. We
had never tasted squash before and duly roasted and ate it with Sunday
dinners. It was delicious.

I have never grown squash before, but many other veg. succesfully. Are the
seeds I have saved from the said squash likely to be suitable for planting
next year and so being sure of producing the same variety (about 30cm / 1ft
long and pale brown in colour?

If so, are there any special considerations I should make when storing the
seeds and planting them - presumably initially in pots, in the greenhouse,
next spring?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Keith