Old 15-10-2006, 08:01 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Manky Badger Manky Badger is offline

Default Calculating Water Volume

"itten" wrote in message
I got a formula for calculating the water volume of my pond for the purpose
treating it.. The formula stated length x width x 7.5 = volume.. Why
doesn't the depth of the pond make a difference? The depth is not part of
the formula.

This formula clearly assumes the depth of your pond is 7.5 (somethings).

You say the formula is for "treating" the pond. It looks like this treatment
is based on the pond's surface area, and the formula is calculating 7.5
whatevers per unit surface area.

HTH