Old 15-10-2006, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Where can I get sweetcorn seeds which is not a hybrid?

Farm1 wrote:
All corn/maize can be eaten if it is young enough. The problem with
most corns is that they are often eaten too old.

What do you mean? Do you mean one would buy it and forget about it or
the 'sweet yellow corn' we all know about is old when on sale?

I've once bought a variegated bunch of corns, for display in my
kitchen. I thought at first I could perhaps try to grow it but realised
it had been coated, for preservation I suspect. I wonder why we do not
eat all the incredible varieties of corn that there is in America,
notably the variegated one and hundreds more which are so so much more
beautfiful and appetizing than a yellow one and which have amazing
names.