Old 15-10-2006, 03:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jangchub Jangchub is offline

Default ?? Soil drench advice ??

Instead of soap, I soak a bunch of orange peels in water out in the
sun and I use that to water the plants. I let it drain out and pour it
back in a few times. Also check around in your containers before you
use anything for toads; they love to burrow into my pots and
inevitably always hip hop around the kitchen and we all wonder what
the hell is that noise!

I have a greenhouse now, so all of those problems are gone.

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 15:49:14 -0500, "helco"
wrote:

Do you just leave it in? Wash (water) it out? It won't hurt the plant if
it's left in?

helco

"betsyb" wrote in message
I use a cap full to a quart of water.

--

BetsyB

"vincent p. norris" wrote in message
news
Can anyone advise me of a good recipe for a drench to pour through the
soil of houseplants that have been outside, to kill or encourage
critters to leave before bringing them into the house?

I've heard soapy water works, but how strong should it be?

Thanks. vince norris