Old 15-10-2006, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin Janet Galpin is offline

Default Source of seed Potatoes

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"Janet Galpin" wrote in message
The message
from Broadback contains these words:

I know it is a little early yet to order, but I usually buy mine from
Dobies or Suttons, however their range is a little limited. As this year
mine have been devastated by slugs I thought I try a couple of those
recommended by Bob Holden, any ideas on suppliers of a wider variety?

Edwin Tucker has a good range and reasonably priced. I have always found
them very reliable.

Do they sell then as individual seeds, or do you have to buy a kilo at a
time, even if you just want half a dozen seeds?

Alan

Mostly they do 3k packs but they have started to do some varieties in 1k
trial packs. No individual seeds but they do also do potato microplants
of some particularly unusual varieties; they come in packs of 5 but
they're expensive (£9.95 inc postage)

Janet G