Old 15-10-2006, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Fighting Ring this Way

Well, Kay, your heartfelt concerns for women's status might have been
better received, if you had voiced them earlier to Puce who has
repeatedly called other, named women here old and ugly, sexually
degraded them, and pronounced herself (particularly to male posters)
more interesting and valuable to this group and society in general, for
being young and pretty.

I didn't know she had repeatedly done that. I KFed her a long time ago.
I am becoming inclined to the view that people who are offensive in ngs
are generally doing it deliberately and replies only encourage them.

Perhaps you find it easier to turn the other cheek in case the same
insults are hurled at your terribly sensitive self.

Well, if you really believe that, then that comment was deliberately
meant to hurt. If, otoh, you don't believe that, then that was an insult
for the sake of insult. Neither are things which I would have expected
from you.
--
Kay