Old 15-10-2006, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Saving the seeds from a squash?

"David in Normandy" wrote in message
"Pam Moore" wrote in message
I tried saving seed from a good pumpkin, a few years ago.
The following year, the resulting plant produced a

pumpkin-coloured,
pumpkin-fleshed, but marrow-shaped fruit.
I had grown courgettes alongside the pumpkin from which I saved

the
seed!

Pam in Bristol

This year I've grown traditional 'straight' courgettes alongside

some
'round' variety of courgettes. I'd been thinking of keeping some

seeds from
the round ones. However, am I likely to get plants which are hybrids

of each
type or even something not very productive or good to eat?

If they were flowering at the same time, I think you'd get mongrels.