Old 16-10-2006, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Sedum

, I, Marvo, say :

Excellent idea to de-asbestos. You do not need a licence to DIY on
your own property. It is a simple process and there are many web
sites that give exact instructions how to do it.
Most local councils have a section on asbestos removal and where to
take it. I am just about to remove a roof from my niece's garage
following the rules of Bradford Council. Safety masks etc and
polythene sheet will cost about £100. If you follow the standard
procedure and assume that the asbestos is the nastiest form then you
will do as good a job as the professional firms who do have to be
licensed and controlled.

That's very handy advice. I have masks etc at work which I can borrow.

I'm perusing the instructions ...

Thanks a lot for that info.