Old 16-10-2006, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Sedum

, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
this in , I, Marvo, say :

Excellent idea to de-asbestos. You do not need a licence to DIY on
your own property. It is a simple process and there are many web
sites that give exact instructions how to do it.
Most local councils have a section on asbestos removal and where to
take it. I am just about to remove a roof from my niece's garage
following the rules of Bradford Council. Safety masks etc and
polythene sheet will cost about £100. If you follow the standard
procedure and assume that the asbestos is the nastiest form then you
will do as good a job as the professional firms who do have to be
licensed and controlled.

That's very handy advice. I have masks etc at work which I can
borrow. I'm perusing the instructions ...

Thanks a lot for that info.

Glad you find the info useful. The masks and protectives are all
detailed on most council websites. Use disposable everything
including masks and dump the lot in sealed bags at the end of the
job. What I mean is do not use just any mask and particularly not
ones borrowed from work where someone else will subsequently use the
same mask.

When I say "borrow" ....I will check what we have, I am pretty sure we have
the right stuff :-)

We buy it in BIG quantities so they can knock it off the wages.

Thanks again