Old 16-10-2006, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default For Puce was How deep should the soil be (for veg)?

Farm1 wrote:
No, hay is good, straw is the one to avoid.

g Ok. g

I've always loved straw bale houses, much nicer feeling about them
TMWOT than either mud brick or stone houses. I just find the
traditonal "integrity" window a bit twee. It's obvious what the house
is made one for anyone who is interested so I just wonder why would
anyone would bother with the window. It spoils a good internal wall
for putting anything else in that position and potentially gives
access for vermin. Darn silly idea in my opinion.

What window are you talking about. A windown to bring the fresh air in,
or the window 'straw bale wall example' we get at exhibition shows etc.
?