Old 16-10-2006, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Where can I get sweetcorn seeds which is not a hybrid?

Farm1 wrote:
Probably for the reasons Janet and others have outlined. Britian can
be uncertain for heat conditions for a long enough growing season and
light levels may be too low for other than locally bred seed. And
that stinking humidity of the south of England may also be a factor -
corn grows best in hot dry climates. Mind you, if the Bali corn I
mentioned is truly from Bali, then it would cope with humidity.

True. But I also think its a germination time, the 90 days season Janet
mention is quite short compared to the american corn I'd like to grow
with is 120 days!