Old 16-10-2006, 08:24 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture
Old Codger Old Codger is offline

Default WildLife Sanctuary ideas please.

Elaine Jones wrote:
Quoting from message
posted on 15 Oct 2006 by Old Codger
I would like to add:

Oh No wrote:
BAC wrote:
wrote in message
Convention in the past was always "up" to the larger city or Capital.
Although "north" does seem to be more up than south.

That's right, one went 'up to London' regardless of the starting point.
One went up to Cambridge, even from London.

But not from Birmingham. :-)

I understand that one went *up* to Cambridge from just about
everywhere except Oxford.

Only to a particular Institution, I believe.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field