Old 17-10-2006, 12:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
raycruzer raycruzer is offline

Default best spot weed killer

Has anyone else lost a tree to a broadleaf killer?

If you're trying to get rid of crabgrass in your lawn, will
weed-be-gone work?

---
Raycruzer
weeder

John Bachman wrote:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 02:10:36 GMT, bizbee
wrote:

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:39:31 -0500 in
, Treedweller
graced the world with this thought:

Probably not a coincidence. Your trees are your largest "broadleaf
weeds" in the weed-n-feed worldview. Use these chemicals at your own
risk.

A master gardener at the nursery told me that a broadleaf killer is
the way to get rid of suckers popping up in the lawn, and won't hurt
the tree. Of course, this is an established tree, but my guess ist
that a cup of broadleaf sprayed on the lawn isn't going to have an
affect on a thirty foot tall, 20 year old tree.

No need for a cup full. I use a hand sprayer, the kind that you hold
in one hand and pull a lever to eject a small stream. Squirt it on
the broadleaf, usually dandelions in my area and it is gone in couple
of days. I use Weed- B-Gone. No danger to trees or non-target
species.

John