Old 22-03-2003, 11:30 AM
David

Default Advice please Leylandii hedge

In article , Sharon Curtis
writes
In article ,
David wrote:
Its worth putting the Leylandii issue in perspective, for every one
'victim' there must be hundreds of happy owners/neighbours,

Why would the neighbour be *happy* with a leylandii hedge on their
boundary, when its very presence puts a burden of cutting it onto
them?

We have a drive the other side of our Leylandii and then the neighbours
have their Leylandii the other side of the drive, we each cut our own
hedges, they are happy as are we. I don't think the burden of cutting
someone else's hedge falls on you anyway.

My neighbours were very glad when I removed my leylandii hedge. It
has let a lot more light into their garden, their garden is now
about 2 ft wider, they can use the rhs of their garden for planting,
the soil isn't too dry any more, and they no longer have to cut it
regularly.

We have a larger drier area under the Laurel hedge than we do under the
Leyndii and as for the light it depends on where your Leylandii is
planted surely, our neighbours cut their back but then let it grow again
because of the loss of privacy, its easy to get into sweeping
generalisations on a subject like this

--
David