Old 22-03-2003, 11:30 AM
mandy thomas

Default Chitting potatotes - a problem?

"Glenda Young" wrote in message
news
A few weeks ago I put seed potatoes in my cold frame outside to chit.
Unfortunately, it was too early and the frost got them so I brought
them indoors where they continued to grow green sprouts. However the
green sprouts have now turned purple and look sort of mould-like and
nasty rather than green and healthy. Should I discard them or are
they still worth planting?

I'm chitting pots for the first time, and have done so indoors. My shoots
are also greeny-purple and slightly fuzzy but I think this is normal. I'm
happy with mine, and hope that someone reassures me that this is OK!