Old 17-10-2006, 03:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Over ripe tomatoes in compost pile ?

On 16 Oct 2006 13:40:18 -0700, Craig wrote:
I have a number of rotten and over ripe tomatoes in the garden now,
Should I put them in the compost pile, or should I let them just sit
on the ground or should I throw them away.

Compost or pitch them would be my choice of the answers above.
If you know how to build a hot compost pile, I'd toss in the tomatoes,
tomato plants, and other fall debris and cook it well... even if it
means starting another pile in the spring.

Kay