Old 22-03-2003, 11:30 AM
Hussein M.

Default Cutting a Phormium?

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:28:42 -0000, "Drakanthus"
wrotc:

I have two. One, with a bronze leaf, flowers every year - huge flower spikes with
tiny flowers containing bright orange stamens. The other (a green leaved one) has
yet to flower. I grew both from seed ten years ago.

Very game of you!

Mine's purpureum (I think). The common one anyway (I hate it when my
plants appear on gardening programmes).

Maybe it will do it's thing this year. I hope so because it sounds
rather wonderful. Close by there is a Crambe (cordifolia) and I think
this is the year it will do it's thing and surprise all the passengers
who look at the garden from the bus on the way to work. Love it.

I remember when I was a lickle boy and my parents lived in the Far
E., my Mother used to grow orchids and there was one which did it's
thing just for one night of the year. I never saw it as I was, on such
auspicious occasions, sitting at a boarding school desk in the U.K.

Hussein
Grow a little garden