Old 17-10-2006, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default For Puce was How deep should the soil be (for veg)?

Farm1 wrote:
I don't know what you mean by this but an 'integrity' window is also
called a 'truth' window and it looks nothing like a window in reality.
It's really just a bit of the internal wall that is left unrendered
and which shows the strawbale in it's natural state. It's framed and
has glass on top so that it shows the straw through it.

Yes, that's the one I thought you thought about ... I didn't know
they'd put one in an actual lived in house. I thought it was a
demonstration thing! And then I found your 'Truth window' in this
formidable book called Home Works Handbuilt Shelters which I had bought
for the archis I work with. It's written by Lloyd Khan and it's a
result of 30 years travelling around the world. It's a bit strange
indeed. But this one is in Mexico, with fine deco around it. Ta to make
me look into this again )