Old 17-10-2006, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture
Geoff[_5_] Geoff[_5_] is offline

Default WildLife Sanctuary ideas please.

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:20:51 +0100, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Jim Webster"
wrote
They call the relative pimples in Arrochar in Scotland, the "Arrochar
Alps" :-)

there are alps just outside Ulverston which barely warrant being called
hills!
I suspect it derives from the meaning "hill pasture" or 'mountain
pasture'
Jim Webster

Ha - here in Holland our tallest mountain is 110metres above sea level.
They supply oxygen masks for climbers "~)
Jenny (living 6 metres BELOW sea level!)

I believe that the Dutch can suffer from vertigo as they stand on the kerb
looking down onto the road surface ;-))

Usually aided by consumption of some weeds!