Old 17-10-2006, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Sedum

, I, Marvo, say :

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 10:54:47 +0100, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote and included this (or
some of this):

I have a fair lump of rockwool, used as loft/boat insulation. It
might be a bit thick. I'll experiment with planting some stuff in
it. I think grass might be one good bet as it doesn't disappear in
the winter, also it keeps down weeds if you use the right stuff.

I think the loading would then be quite low as long as it is
well-drained. I suspect that it can be kept on the roof by means of
some spikes, so I need a material that is waterproof and spikey.
Can't think of one.

Sharkskin is good.

Wot, off a real shark? Or is this a trade name for some stuff? I've never
heard of sharkskin.