Old 17-10-2006, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default Unheated Greenhouse

this in , I, Marvo, say :

addendum ...

is it possible to make the floor of the greenhouse slope, even a little bit?

If it is the ground, then no, obviously, but if there is a false floor you
could raise it a little just to help the paraffin vapour creep towards the
door. It's horrible stuff, like propane/butane, it literally settles in
puddles, like water, but you can't see it.

There are true stories about boats blowing up because the gas was leaking,
filling the floor wells, unsuspecting chap gets out of bed and lights fag,
boom, whole marina goes up, millions of pounds-worth of damage, boat bits
found nearly a mile away, but of course, if you want to use a paraffin
heater, it's up to you.

We are not allowed to use the naughty chair, we're not allowed to sniff
cocaine, we aren't allowed to play with guns, but we're allowed to use
lethal weapons to heat greenhouses. At least gas installations have to be
done and certified by Corgi-registered chaps and checked every minimum 4
years! I have mine done annually because that isn't the way I want to leave.

Bonkers.

JMHO

"Don't become a statistic"