Old 17-10-2006, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
perrancott perrancott is offline

Default Felling weeping willow

An Oasis wrote:
perrancott Wrote:
I asked this question yesterday and the responses, while interesting,
were not answers to my question so I will repeat it..

If a weeping willow is cut down will it send out new shoots and, if it
does, will they weep or will they be straight? Has anyone else done
this?

Depends upon how well you cut it down! Use a stump grinder to do the
job properly. If you don't cut it down properly then yes the plant will
reshoot, as to the type of branch produced, you don't say whether the
plant has been grafted or not so it's impossible to tell.

--
An Oasis

I have no idea whether the tree is grafted or not. I did not plant it
and do not know who did. Thanks for an on-topic reply.