Old 17-10-2006, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Lea[_30_] Judith Lea[_30_] is offline

Default Unheated Greenhouse

In article , Uncle Marvo
writes
The heater should be sited nearish the door and there should be sufficient
gap somewhere for it to flow out of, eg under the door itself. This
obviously lets cold in, so ...

Thank you for that I shall ensure there is a small circulation of air.

I would use a low wattage electric jobbie, like a tube heater or even a
frost protection fan heater with a good thermostat, it doesn't have to be
very powerful. Or even an underfloor element (available from CEF and most
good electrical wholesalers).

With the price of electricity going through the roof, believe it or not,
the paraffin is cheaper. We are currently trying to change suppliers at
present.

Or even bubble wrap.

Would that be sufficient in, say, March, April with just bubble wrap
alone?
HTH

It does, thank you

--