Old 22-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Sweetcorn

In article ,
Jeff Taylor wrote:
In article , Nick Maclaren
writes
I was brought up on maize, and so have a different viewpoint to most
people from the UK. Dammit, I even like mealie meal porridge, and
that makes most people from these islands gag :-)

Would that be the same as the 'grits' you get for brekky in America?
Tastes like cement ;-)
But, as you say, depends what you were brought up on

Similar, but not cooked the same way. I failed to find somewhere
that served grits when I was in Texas, unfortunately.

Mealie meal porridge has a glutinous consistency and a bland taste,
but with a slight aftertaste that many people dislike.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:
Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679