Old 17-10-2006, 11:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
danny danny is offline

Default Society Dues

Our dues at the current rate pretty much cover the speaker budget, and
that's about it. The other expenses have to get covered by the auction,
raffle table, the annual show, interest on our reserves, etc.
-danny

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
Now, *that* is funny!

We were discussing at the board meeting today how much value members are
getting for $15/single or $20/couple annually. Of course, dues alone will
never cover the cost of operation (though maybe they should cover more of
it, at least). But looking at the numbers makes it obvious that we are too
low.

Diana