Old 17-10-2006, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
p.k. p.k. is offline

Default Maratime Pine. Inrformation required relating to cultivation in Scotland. Thanks

Roger wrote:
On 17 Oct 2006 07:01:35 -0700, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

One of my books says the maritime pine grows, as an
introduction, in the Highlands; but none says anything about its
failing to fruit there.

Maybe I shouldn't admit to this but what can they do to me now?
I harvested only the biggest seeds from the cones, about 200 of them.
Over a period of 4 years I planted them out in individual plant pots
around about 20 to 30 at a time,

http://www.issg.org/database/species...i=43&fr=1&sts=
This species has been nominated as among 100 of the "World's Worst" invaders

well done!

pk