Old 17-10-2006, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Raspberries

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:58:58 +0000 (UTC), (Jim
Jackson) wrote:

Alistair Macdonald wrote:
Two or three dozen Autumn Bliss about 5 years old. As usual cut them back to
ground level after harvesting this year. Now they seem to think it's spring.
All plants are now growing to about 2 feet high. Should I (re)prune them to
ground level or let winter take its toll?

When did you prune? Ours are still fruiting, and will be, given
semi-decent weather, until into November. I usually prune my autumn rasps
in January. They seem to do well on this regime.

Jim
Wakefield west Yorks

I agree with Jim. My Autumn raspberries are still fruiting and will
till we get a frost. I also cut mine back Jan or Feb, almost to the
ground and give a good mulch.

Pam in Bristol