Old 17-10-2006, 10:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Sedum

"Sacha" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote:

Australia is the world capital for Asbestos related diseases and

they
are simply ghastly. My advice would be to get the shed owner to

do
the removal work and don't go near the place till it's all gone.

There's a town in Australia which the residents have been advised to

abandon
but many won't. Even doctors refuse to visit there. Isn't that

something
awful to do with asbestos?

I'm sure that would be Wittenoom. Site of a blue asbestos mine IIRC
and they even used tailings to make driveways so the whole town is
awash with it and it's in a location where wind would constantly
spread the dust about. Don't think it's much of a town these days
though. I certainly won't be going to see it.