Old 17-10-2006, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Where can I get sweetcorn seeds which is not a hybrid?

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message
"Farm1" please@askifyouwannaknow wrote in message

The problem for Alan is in getting any old enough variety of
corn/maize that will come true from saved seed (and there is

another
but I'll mention it later). If he's still interested (and he's
probably been scarred off by now :-)) then he would be best to

look
for heritage varieties in the US where there is a very active seed
savers groups and I know that heritage corn is one of the things

that
they've been saving..

Thanks for that, my daughter is now living in the US, I'll have to

try to
remember to ask her if she can get some for me!

Have a look at these sites in the US, they may help :
http://www.seedsavers.org/products.asp?dept=27
http://www.victoryseeds.com/catalog/...corn/corn.html

There is probably more of them too.

Alan