Old 17-10-2006, 11:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
doobydoobydo doobydoobydo is offline

Default Darling-Sweetie BBC2 Digging Deep

So we in the south can all grow olive, lemon and orange trees in our
gardens...news to me, they won't survive in most of warmer London either,
only in specific garden microclimates (like Dave Poole's). You need to
drag them back inside to avoid the frosty weather.
--
Regards
Bob H

I only watched 10 mins of this programme and then turned over, strange
'woman' that darling-sweetie wotever her name is.

But, Bob I live in Felpham, Bognor Regis and lots of gardens have olive
trees here, established, large and growing outside, don't know about the
other trees you mentioned though. We haven't lived here long (18 months)
coming from Thornton Heath near Croydon, and were amazed to see them in
front gardens with fruit/olives growing in abundance on them. Plants do
seem to grow easily here though, and the frost seems to be at a different
time of year.