Old 18-10-2006, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Farm1 Farm1 is offline

Default Darling-Sweetie BBC2 Digging Deep

"doobydoobydo" wrote in message

But, Bob I live in Felpham, Bognor Regis and lots of gardens have

olive
trees here, established, large and growing outside, don't know about

the
other trees you mentioned though. We haven't lived here long (18

months)
coming from Thornton Heath near Croydon, and were amazed to see them

in
front gardens with fruit/olives growing in abundance on them.

Plants do
seem to grow easily here though, and the frost seems to be at a

different
time of year.

I grow olives and I get down to -10 degrees C. But then I also don't
have wet soil in winter which may be a factor for being able to grow
them