Old 18-10-2006, 01:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Galpin Janet Galpin is offline

Default Raspberries

The message . com
from "bluebell" contains these words:

Alistair Macdonald wrote:
Two or three dozen Autumn Bliss about 5 years old. As usual cut them
back to
ground level after harvesting this year. Now they seem to think it's
spring.
All plants are now growing to about 2 feet high. Should I (re)prune
them to
ground level or let winter take its toll?
Alistair

Reprune now

Mine are fruiting better at the moment than they have all season. I
always prune just when I see new growth appearing in about February I
think. I prune the summer fruiting ones anytime now when I have a
moment. I'd be inclined to leave the Autumn Bliss and decide after the
winter whether the condition of this new growth suggests whether it will
fruit or not next season.
However, from other answers on this thread, it looks as if a range of
practices work, so perhaps it's not too crucial.

Janet G