Old 22-03-2003, 11:31 AM
Little Badger

Default cats

My cat sleeps on the bottom of my bed all night and is locked in!

My cat has a sand pit in my garden where he goes to the toilet!

My cat is tagged and neutered (got him from a rescue centre)!

He has a red leather collar with a bell on!

When I am at work he spends most of the time either in my warm greenhouse or
in my house which he enters through one of my numerous cat flaps and these
places is where I usually find him when I come home from work, shopping,
washing the car etc!

So am I a responsible cat owner George?
Maybe you should gather more facts before spouting off?

Badger

"Gorgeous George" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 07:53:55 +0000, Mike
wrote:

In article , Little
Badger writes

I would notice that my cat was missing within hours of coming home from
work!

I take it that your cat is out and about and more than likely in other
people's gardens whilst you are at work?

Sadly that would be an accurate picture of the majority of
irresponsible cat owners, and then again left out all night.

THAT is why people hate cats. Those who claim to 'own' them don't give a
toss where they crap as long as it is not 'in their back yard'

This would be an accurate description once again of the irresponsible
owner, who are by far the majority.

If I were made Herr Chancellor, or should I say when!

I would ensure all cats had to be tagged (all pets) and the tagging
kept up to date. Must have collars with a bell and also to be
neutered, we will always have enough strays to provide kittens for all
should anyone wish to adopt a cat. People like smelly five cats would
need to be licensed and pay a large premium for having more then one
mass murdered in the household.

Cats caught poooping on someone elses land should be liable (owners)
for fines and cleaning fees.

This will force responsible ownership, and many people who do not
think about the consequences of their pets would now find they really
must, and probably many would say "Oh I wont have a pet then"

Bit like the old days of letting your dog crap and wee anywhere it
wanted, usually in the kiddies park. These are now long gone, there
was a hoohah about forcing people to poop scoop after their dogs, but
now in my experience the majority do it without fuss, which is how it
should be.

Have a pet, fine, but also take full responsibility for it.

.

*********
Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will

still be ugly.
- Sir Winston Churchill

The Eagle Has Landed.

/T /I