Old 18-10-2006, 09:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_1_] Sacha[_1_] is offline

Default Maratime Pine. Inrformation required relating to cultivationin Scotland. Thanks

On 18/10/06 00:18, in article ,
"Roger" wrote:

On 17 Oct 2006 15:49:46 -0700, "Mike Lyle"
wrote:

P. pinaster hasn't had these advantages in the British Isles, so on the
whole I don't think Roger should go around digging out his specimens.

I can assure you Roger will not be going around digging up anything
except his potatoes and that will only be twice a year, and only if
his wife won't do it for him.

I've found all contributions to be of interest and helpful. I stopped
planting them years ago only because I ran out of seeds.

Ray told me last night when I finally had time to discuss this with him,
that P. maritima and P. sylvestris are definitely not one and the same,
which is the wrong impression I'd gleaned. But he isn't at all sure how P.
maritima will do in different parts of UK. We're still trying to figure out
where to plant the two P. sylvestris I got him last Christmas!!

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk