Old 18-10-2006, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Klara Klara is offline

Default Darling-Sweetie BBC2 Digging Deep

In message , Pam Moore
writes
It was very disappointing. I go right off garden "Experts" who cannot
get the names of plants right and when Andre got "jasminoides" quite
wrong, I went off him.
Were the oleanders in pots or in the ground?
They cut back a "maple" but from the fleeting close-up of the leaves,
my bad eyes had me thinking it was liquidambar , not maple. I didn't
record it, so can't re-watch.
Thumbs down to the BBC for this one.

Pam in Bristol

From the gardening point of view it was total rubbish, from an
entertainment point of view too, probably, but what about the principle?
I would have thought that what is healing about gardening is thinking
about it and then doing it yourself (unless you really can't): the
creative, nurturing aspect. Otherwise you might as well go to a park...

--
Klara, Gatwick basin