Old 18-10-2006, 03:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Michael Rosen Michael  Rosen is offline

Default Perfect Patch seed any good?

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
I don't need names. I was wondering what KIND of person gave WHAT a bad
rating. Was this consumer advocate a gardener? For how long? He/she may not
realize that straw often comes with a LOT of weed seeds, which usually means
it's hay, not straw. Both will serve as mulch, but one will make you cry a
few months later.

There's nothing wrong with burlap. It works perfectly.

I think it was obvious they gave Perfect Patch a bad rating, hence the
subject of the thread.

What does the straw do? I have seen straw laid out in my neighborhood
before and wondered what it was for. Is it the same purpose as the
burlap?

I have a lawncare company (Naturalawn) that fertilizes, seeds, etc. for
me. But I've got an area under my deck where nothing has grown. They
claimed this stuff grows in shade, but it sounds too good to be true.

Thanks,
Mike