Old 18-10-2006, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_2_] Robert[_2_] is offline

Default How to completely remove Buddelia davidii?

"Keith (Dorset)" wrote in message
: Hi,
:
: We need to completely remove several Buddleia davidii bushes. These are
: about ten years old, have been annually cut back, including just now -
i.e.
: prior to pending destruction.
:
: Do I need to dig all the roots up, or is there an easier way to kill them
: with out polluting the soil or unduly disturbing adjacent shrubs?
:
: We aim to recondition the soil and replant there immediately afterwards if
: possible.
:
: Thanks,
:
: Keith
:
Just get out the main stem, as far as I know they do not re-grow from bits
of root; at least they never have for me