Old 18-10-2006, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default A great loss to urg

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message

I am extremely sorry to read in the raspberries thread that two of its
most longterm contributors, Judith Lea and Sacha Hubbard have left urg
because they are no longer prepared to tolerate the appalling level of
lies, abuse, and threats made against them.

I wasn't following that thread but am sorry to read the above.

Those who stood by and said nothing should be ashamed, particularly
those who counted both as friends in real life, or have been the
recipients of their legendary generosity with plants, time and
hospitality.

I didn't stand by and say nothing, I wasn't aware of these particular
hostilities (I knew about another but that perpetrator was banned from my
screen).

What I HAVE read, now, on the raspberry thread is seriously disturbing.
There will be more names in my killfile. This won't bring Sacha or Judith
back and I don't know what I could do to help - unless we start another ng
and all of us carefully screen out who we read and answer.

There are always disagreements on newsgroups but what's happened here is
disgraceful. If any action is taken against it or for the others, please let
me know.

Mary