Old 18-10-2006, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Gardner Tom Gardner is offline

Default Fungi ID

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in
:

These have appeared in the garden and I wondered should I be worried or
getting the frying pan out?
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/fungi.htm

I *suspect* they are a Lepiota (parasol) fungus, but
there are several different varieties of parasol.

The ordinary parasol fungus is delicious. The shaggy
parasol fungus is also delicious but sometimes causes
violent intestinal upsets for 24 hours. (I've both
suffered and been OK with shaggy parasols; perhaps
they were picking up something from where they were
growing?)

The only sane course of action is to carefully
identify them in conjunction with at least one
good book.