Old 18-10-2006, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gill Matthews[_2_] Gill Matthews[_2_] is offline

Default How to presrve Potatos

"Chaudhry Nijjhar" wrote in message
Hi,

I would like to know how one should preserve the potatoes? Should the
soil be removed altogether or left? Does washing of potatoes make them
prune to rotting?

Don't wash them only brush the dirt off lightly. Store in the dark below
about 10 0C but not with frost. the place should be dry and well ventilated.
I use a couple of layers of hessian sacks, which is fairly traditional.
other breathable containers would probably work, but plastic probably won't

Gill