Old 18-10-2006, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stan The Man Stan The Man is offline

Default Darling-Sweetie BBC2 Digging Deep

I have just watched my recording of the programme and I'm still
cringeing. Its constant references to the illness being endured by the
lady owner of the garden and the ham-fisted exploitation of it in the
name of education or entertainment were embarrassing and well below the
standard I would expect from the BBC. Then I saw that it was a Thames
Talkback production for the BBC and that explained its scripting and
direction weaknesses - but not the BBC's inexplicable decision not only
to air it but to give it a prime time slot.

I found the presenters, especially the woman, extremely annoying too
but would accept that I might be in the minority. In any event they
were not the fundamental reason for the programme's failure.
I have written a letter of complaint to the BBC and trust that they
will see the error of their ways.