Old 18-10-2006, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Fungi ID

"michael adams" wrote in message
"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
These have appeared in the garden and I wondered should I be worried or
getting the frying pan out?
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/fungi.htm

If they smell strongly of radishes, they may well be mycena-pura which
were re-classified as poisonous just before 1975, when my reference
was first published. Apparently mycena-pura come in all colours including
white as here, although those shown on the web seem to be the more typical
purple. Mycena Pura grow in humus, organic waste, rotting leaves and
needles
in damp places.

There's a piccy half way down on this rather slow loading page.
The gills are much larger in relation to the size of the disc
but the overall features look the same.

http://popgen.unimaas.nl/~jlindsey/c...asmiaceae.html

It didn't look like that to me but I must say that it's a splendid site -
and not at all slow loading!

I'm going to peruse it more, thanks,

Mary