Old 18-10-2006, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default Autumn Bliss Advice please

wrote:
Within the next few days I will have to lift my Autumn Bliss due to
major work on a nearby fence.
They have been in situ for about 7 years and have begun to tail of
in cropping, probably due to congestion.

Should I a) scrap them and plant new next year
b) select the best and replant immediately

this, but replant in a different location. Try and take a good ball of
soil as they are will be yet dormant.

c) select the best canes, save and replant next year
or possibly do something else with them that I have not thought of.

Your advice would be appreciated as I would hate to be without
these delicious raspberries.

They are nice, but not the best. However those that are better are summer
fruiting :-) (Leo)

Jim