Old 19-10-2006, 12:41 AM posted to rec.ponds
chip chip is offline

Default Making pond from swimming pool

I have an almost never used concrete w/ plaster swimming pool. It was built
in 1989 and is 18,500 gal, kidney shaped 16'x32'. As a diving pool the
deepest section is about 10' and slopes from about 3'. Naturally I am
thinking I could turn this into a pond since the hole and plumbing are
already there. The 10' depth seems a litttle much for a pond and would make
maintinance somewhat of a chore.

What are the pond stars in my eyes hiding? Where am I going to regret ever
thinking of this bizarre idea? Do I fill in the bowl until I have a uniform
3' depth? Do I have to coat the plaster to stop leeching for fish? Are
there any sites that talk about converting existing pools?

Comments are welcome.

Chip