Old 18-10-2006, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Raspberries

"Cat(h)" writes

Judith Lea wrote:
I woke up this morning and realised they you have hurt my reputation in
urg

Actually, she hasn't. Even those of us who don't say much in extremely
unedifying garden fighting threads have eyes in our heads and are able
to read and decide who is being reasonable and who is not.

Agreed. A reputation cannot be destroyed that easily. Judith and Sacha
have done enough in this group for it to take more than attacks from one
individual to shake the reputation built up over years.

I haven't taken part in any of this because I believe that those who
seek to inject nastiness into urg do so deliberately. My observation is
that any response encourages them rather than deters them, as well as
encouraging those mischievous people on the sidelines who deliberately
stir and then wring their hands over the 'aggression' and 'bitchiness'.

My reaction has been simply to KF those whose postings I find offensive,
since otherwise I would not be able to resist replying (which I do very
badly) and simply offer the attention and encouragement that the trouble
makers are seeking.

I find it very sad that this affair has lost me three people who I once
considered to be friends.

--
Kay