Old 18-10-2006, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams michael adams is offline

Default A great loss to urg

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote

I am extremely sorry to read in the raspberries thread that two of its
most longterm contributors, Judith Lea and Sacha Hubbard have left urg
because they are no longer prepared to tolerate the appalling level of
lies, abuse, and threats made against them.

Those who stood by and said nothing should be ashamed, particularly
those who counted both as friends in real life, or have been the
recipients of their legendary generosity with plants, time and
hospitality.

I have not followed the "Raspberry " thread and anyway like others around
here I "turn off" at the first sign of personal fighting, life's too short
and too much of a struggle already, so this is the first I've heard of

this
tragedy.

The leaving of both Sacha (with Ray in the background too) and Judith will
be a great loss to URG and internet gardening in general, and now Dave

Poole
intimates he is going too. How many more experienced and knowledgeable
gardeners are to be driven out, sad day, very sad day.

All these people who've signalled their intention to leave have
no doubt got plenty of friends on this NewsGroup, who will be happy
to email them I'm sure, once this present pestilence is past.

michael adams

Regards
Bob H
17mls W. of London.UK