Old 19-10-2006, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mel[_2_] Mel[_2_] is offline

Default Something is eating my Bay Tree!

I had an attack of vine weevils a couple of years ago and one of the few
plants that weren't affected was my bay.However, I do have a problem with
earwigs eating mine and nesting in the leaves (at least I think thats what
they do...the leaves curl and when you pull them open you find an earwig
wrapped in white stuff).Perhaps it's these little devils that are eating
yours?
Mel.
"Steve J" wrote in message
ups.com...
Whatever has been eating my bay tree leaves, also has a taste for
rhodedendron and several other shrubs in the garden.

The half eaten leaves look as if they have been eaten by vine weevil -
is this likely?

Whatever it is, they have attacked a lot of plants, front and back of
the house.

Any ideas how I can relieve myself of this pest?

Steve Jackson
Hatton, Warwick