Old 19-10-2006, 07:47 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_5_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_5_] is offline

Default Will anoles eat scorpions?

In article ,
"Mike Harris" wrote:

"OmManiPadmeOmelet" wrote in message
news
In article ain,
Dave-tx wrote:

Just curious - do anoles eat scorpions, or do they avoid stingy-type
insects in favor of easier prey?

-Dave

Anoles will eat anything that moves...

including each other. ;-)
--

So will scorpions.

So, put one of each in a jar... G

(kidding, kidding... don't anyone get all spun up)
--
Mike Harris
Austin TX

Not a joke actually... ;-)
When I was a Sophomore in College, I used to collect some of the "local"
scorpions as pets.

One of the females had babies and like scorpions do, she carried them on
her back.

I tried to provide them with food (baby mealworms) but the mother
scorpion died. Her babies sucked her dry.

Then the crickets I'd put in the tank to feed her ate the baby
scorpions.......
--
Peace, Om

Remove extra . to validate e-mails.