Old 19-10-2006, 08:45 PM posted to austin.gardening
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_5_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_5_] is offline

Default Will anoles eat scorpions?

In article ,
Cindy wrote:

Scorpions _are_ "bugs"!

Really? I thought they were an invertebrate, some kind of crab-type
creature.
Guess I'll have to look them up. But not right now, got stuff to do.

Cindy

Scorpions are in the same "Order" as spiders.
They are an arachnid due to the possession of 8 legs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scorpion

Classification of living creatures goes as follows:

Kingdom
Phylum
Class
Order
Family
Genus
Species

I believe that scorpions are in the class "Insecta".

And yes, I did some googling to check my memory from when I took Zoology
back in college... After all, it's been slightly over 20 years. G

But it was a subject that fascinated me. :-)

BTW, insects are all "invertebrates".

Crabs are crustaceans.

Scorpions are not crustaceans.

Cheers! :-)