Old 19-10-2006, 10:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Charlie Pridham Charlie Pridham is offline

Default Fungi ID

"Adam" wrote in message

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
These have appeared in the garden and I wondered should I be worried or
getting the frying pan out?
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/fungi.htm

--

They look like parasol mushrooms to me, but it's hard to be sure from the
photo alone. Please don't take my word for it, as if I'm wrong you could

be
in very serious trouble.

If you can confirm that they are indeed parasol mushrooms, then get the
frying pan out, as they are delicious. But make sure you really do confirm
it first.

Did I mention that you should make absolutely sure you know what they are
before they go anywhere near your frying pan?

Adam

I have been reading all the replies and I will not be rushing to eat any
just yet! I was just struck by how impressive they were this year (wish I
had taken a picture earlier as well to show them before they went flat)
Many thanks to all for the suggestions

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk